Saturday, January 22, 2011

Worried SICK about Hillrise!

I was taking a walk round Hillrise today to enjoy some socializing with neighbors and...duh, Hillrise...and I walked by this house that had been graffitied on. (It might have been there before. I guess I never noticed it.) It was on purpose-apparently they had done it to be 'creative'. Yeah, it's NOT OKAY to write 'lie' 'burn' 'f***' and 'hell' on the side of a Hillrise Home! I remember one time last year someone had ripped out an ORIGINAL Hillrise door and written this thing about 'clearing her name' or else she'd post a video of a neighbor changing. NOT the kind of person I want in MY little Hillrise. That just really ticked me off that someone would do that! I tried to forget about it...and I was successful until I heard some rowdy dudes in a Hillrise Home chanting about something and one of them said, "Oh, s***!!" I tried to ignore it and tell Hillrise that it was just a couple of fladoodles. Then I ran into a sign that said 'No Tresspassing-Hillrise Residents Only' and someone had graffitied on that too! Someone had also stuck one of those skate stickers  on it. I didn't see the whole thing due to the thing being covered in ivy. I was once again way disturbed when I saw another one of those stupid stickers on a post near a hiking trail. I tried to peel it off but it wouldn't come off. I peeled off as much as I could before heading off-feeling HORRIBLE. Poor Hillrise shouldn't be treated like this! I mean, people need to have a heart because Hillrise is a desirable place and many who live here love it as well. I'm bringing this up at the homeowners association meeting next month, but still, I can't believe someone would deface a world wonder like Hillrise! I'm also really upset about this house on my street that's surrounded by trash and old, mushy newspapers. The windows are made out of foil and Saran wrap. The car never moves-plus there's a cardboard thing covering all the windows! The only person I saw there was this lady who didn't look so friendly. The lawn is barely there. It looks more like an abandoned house in Van Nuys than a perfect home in Hillrise. That was the last straw that made me crack. I can't believe someone would abandon Hillrise like that! I think the poor thing needs treatment...forever! I think the poor thing should be forclosed or sold to someone who can fix it up to look new again. I'm also going to bring this up at the homeowners association meeting. People need to have a heart and realize that Hillrise is NOT just an ordinary neighborhood. Now I'm not saying all of Hillrise is like this. In fact, Hillrise looks rather new in so many ways. It barely shows any age-and if any, it's considered nostalgic. (click here for a pic)  I just noticed these things and I can't believe people would do such a thing! Hillrise is such a well cared for community! I'm hoping we can patch it up before its 43rd birthday next month. I'm just heartbroken over all of this. From what I've heard the others are too. My opinion? Kick those people so far out of Hillrise that they'll be out of California! Out of the entire United States! I will kick their butts so far away that they'll live on the moon!! And I'll patch up my little Hillrise so it looks like new again.
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment