As you know from my informative posts about how much I love Hillrise, you know Hillrise is a very family-oriented, friendly, happy-go-lucky place. There are no drugs, no fladoodles, no rebellious 20-somethings. Well, apparently there is. My childhood family friends, who are kind of on the dark side now, have friends who live there. This one girl they mentioned, named Sara*, lives in Hillrise and she supposedly has two large tattoos and smokes. While she only smokes 'occasionally', it's still hurtful to Hillrise's health and cherubic personality. I know, I'm crazy to think a housing tract has a personality. But Hillrise does. It is very special to me and so many others, and since me and Hillrise are joined at the hip, I can tell if it's having a hard time. And as you may know, smoking and tattoos are two of my biggest pet peeves. They will not be tolerated in Hillrise. Especially with Hillrise's perfect neighborhood reputation. It's been known as that for nearly 43 years and I'm not letting it lose two things it is widely known for: being a nice, friendly place, and the beyond-perfect air quality. I know that I may be over reacting, but lately I've ran into about three of 'those people' living there. Luckily, Sara will soon move. She can't live with her parents forever. (I'm actually shocked they didn't kick her out yet! HA!) She'll probably find some boyfriend and move into a crappy apartment with him. But this other dude actually owns his Hillrise home. I overheard he has sleeve tattoos, and those are the worst kind. Plus, I think that douche graffitied on Hillrise!! I cannot believe some people sometimes. The combination cannot go together. Like a happy guy at a depression clinic. Or a hot dog and chocolate sauce. Or ice cream and Jalapeno sauce. It's just two things that do not go together in any way. Plus, Hillrise deserves better than that. I know only a small 2% of the Hillrise residents do things that piss me and Hillrise off, but 2% is 2% too many. I know I cannot control it, but you've gotta admit it's annoying. Especially when you're a) a goody two shoes, and b) very concerned/involved with whatever you love, like I am. I really hope those people get a life and see what the heck they're doing to my precious Hillrise!
-Whitney
*=Name changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment