Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Everyone has their Valentines. I have one-Hillrise-but I can't bring it to school with me! Last month, I was super psyched about V-Day but after being forgotten that disappeared. No one, not even my parents, got me a Valentine or even just the right treatment. I was given a box of chocolates by these kids in my photo class-but little did I know that they had expired last year! I was given rotten chocolates-ON PURPOSE. People laughed as I ate the candy, and I didn't know why. Then, after an intense diarrhea-vomit fest, I knew why they were laughing. I couldn't figure it out why they gave me rotten chocolates, but at the same time I did. People HATE MY GUTS. After that, I went to tumbling, where I was pooped due to being sick for three weeks. Well, I wasn't sick for three weeks, but my dad just didnt let me go for the first week I was better. So I went to open gym for a half hour, jumping on the trampoline nonstop as usual. But then my coach made me do all those warm-up jogs and kept calling me by the wrong name. I tried to tell her that my name is Whitney, but she's all 'That's NOT what it says in my book!!" Also, she yelled at me for being scared on these NARROW bars. Since I'm full-figured, I could scrape something if I drop myself. In fact, I did and it was ANNOYING. I was super slow and my coach was yelling at me non stop. All the others finished WAY before I did. I think I shouldn't have done those damn warm up jogs. (Excuse my French.) Because I had been doing them for a half an hour! It's annoying.

Also, the birthday picnic I planned for Hillrise had been denied. I was really looking forward to it, but they emailed me yesterday saying it would have to wait 7 years. I'm still crying over it-I really wanted to share my signature spaghetti sauce with the neighbors. Also, my rainbow layer cake! I haven't made it yet and I really want to. I thought a Hillrise picnic would be perfect. Back in the 60s, they had these weekly. They also had Easter parades, Easter egg hunts, 4th of July BBQ's, and even Secret Santas. When all the kids grew up and moved away and the people began to age, they stopped the events. But around the time I was born younger kids began to move to Hillrise-and since those new families had no idea about the events that went on back in the 60's and 70's, they couldn't ask them to start up again. Plus, those homeowners association representatives were long gone. I really want to start all of this up again! I want to make Hillrise feel like it's 1970 again. But for some reason no one else wants to! I'm hoping that I still can. I really have confidence in Hillrise.
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment