Friday, February 18, 2011

Ahhh-finally raining!

I'm super happy that its finally raining! As you can tell from a previous post of mine, I've been begging for this kind of weather. I love watching the rainfall from my living room with a cup of hot cocoa and a Snuggie wrapped around me, with the Hillrise fireplace on full blast. I wish my fireplace worked, because from experiences at neighbors' homes, Hillrise fireplaces are very cozy and perfect for chilly weather. It was a hot spot (Get it?!? Hot Spot? Since it's a fireplace??! :) LOLOL!!) for families in the 60s and 70s, who would gather around the fireplace during those cold winter days. Even nowadays, Hillrise fireplaces have brought families together for roasting marshmallows, slurping hot cocoa, waiting for Santa Claus, and just simply cozying up by the fire. Another raiy day activity I like to do is watch the storm. I like watching the lighting and listening to the thunder. It can be scary, I must admit, but luckily as long as I'm in Hillrise, watching the storm and not somewhere outside, in the storm, I'm fine. We have a killer view (my house was even in one of the advertisements for 'The View Homes of Hillrise'!) to watch the lightning flash across the sky. Luckily, Hillrise has never been struck by lightning. Anywho, my point being, I'm very excited about this weather. =)
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment