Friday, April 29, 2011

So Completely 1970

Hey people, it's Whitney back again with the top news: I CANNOT USE PHOTOSHOP BECAUSE I AM SO COMPLETELY 1970! Here's a vocabulary deifintion
So Completely 1970-(adj.) being outdated, not knowing how to operate modern technology; stuck in the year 1970 
Yep, it's hard to believe. I, Whitney, a Facebook addict and a crazed texter (okay, I never text anymore, LOL) am like some forty-something who knows nothing of anything high-tech. I was always this way. I didn't use the Internet (or even knew what the Hillrise it was) till the third grade. I ∂idn't know what 'LOL' meant until sixth. I didn't know what 'OMG' meant until seventh.  And I learned what LMAO meant in ninth. This year, I'm using Photoshop and it is like I'm performing brain surgery! I sure wish it was 1970 sometimes. I wouldn't be a Facebook addict and I wouldn't hear the dang F word every second. Best of all, I would have seen bitty-baby Hillrise. I would have seen the model homes. I would have seen my original owners of neighbors. I wish I was in 1970-away from the crap of the 21stcentury. In 1970, kids didn't own iPods or iPads. They owned record players. The iPhone was a regular house phone because cell phones didn't exist yet. But still, the best part would be living in brand new Hillrise. I wish I coyuld have been there for it in the 1960s and 1970s. I know people who love Hillrise so much that they've stayed with it for its entire 43 years of life. I long to be one of those people! Back then, the onlything out in my city was...Hillrise. The only other thing there was the school and an actual ranch. Nowadays it's just houses built on where cows once grazed. Coyotes havehad no choice but to emigrate out of their field and into Hillrise, since it's the only area with any open space. I was laughing at an ad for the houses where the ranch used to be on because ittotally copied Hillrise's theme of nature and open space. They sure did a bad job of it because every field is concreted and used as parks. Oh, why can't things be simpler like they were in 1970?

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment