Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck o' the Whitney!

Good fortune and luck came my way last night. First of all, Kaitlyn is home safe and feeling a lot better-except for soreness where she had her surgery-but that's normal. I also re-united with a friend of mine who confirmed that Cailyn (remember her from a few blogs ago?) did not turn her against me. We've been friends since seventh grade due to us living on the same street in Hillrise. We lost touch for a year when I went into eighth grade/high school. We reunited towards the end of freshman year when she got a Facebook and hung out a lot that summer. Once we hit school starting again, me and Cailyn had that fight and I avoided her friends because I didn't know them that well. Well, now that we all know each other, I am a part of that group.
Did I mention that I'm part Irish? Yup it's true. My grandmother on my mom's side immigrated to the US from there in, like, the 30's. So shamrocks and leprechauns are in my heritage! Then again, I have a lot of stuff in my heritage. Like...nail polish? (That's a joke. My great grandpa is Polish.) I also have Russian dolls (my great grandpa #2 is Russian) pizza (my grandpa is Italian) and...I have no idea what else. But, being a 3rd generation Californian, I consider myself all-American because Ive never even left the US. Plus I do have some ancestors who lived here for since the dawn of time-according to my mom I was a relative of John Hancock (who signed the Declaration) and...I don't know who else. I'll find out, though!! Anyway, back to St. Patty's Day. Didn't mean to go off topic about my heritage. :) I am wearing so much green I got mistaken for a shamrock! I'm wearing shamrock earrings and a green striped tee. As well as green eyeshadow! However, I got pinched by some douches who thought my green was yellow/blue. It's like, what the Hillrise! Speaking of which, Hillrise knows it's St. Patty's day because I'm finding clovers everywhere!! And Hillrise is wearing green (lawns, greenery, paint) so it hasn't been pinched at all. I hope no one pinches it for no reason like they did with me, though! That would be one annoying orange. Anywho, I wish you all a HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment