Monday, March 7, 2011

First post in awhile!!

Heyy peoples! I'm so sorry I han't posted in so long, I've been focussed on my garden in Hillrise, my homework, and redoing my room. Also, I've been horrendously sick (well, I just had a 24 hour cold) and I've been with my best friend(s). For Hillrise's birthday, I hung out with my neighbor/friend Kaylie, and we've definitely getting closer. Kaylie is awesome and nice and good to Hillrise. I plan to hang out with her again this weekend.
Oh, more news on Hillrise. I got my portion of the community garden in good shape and I leaned how to water the plants, LOL (it's actually complicated, the Hillrise Homeowners Association installed this water maintainer thing in a secret place to prevent kids my age from fooling around. I can understand, people are MEAN to Hillrise sometimes. Anyway, while watering the garden yesterday, I discovered a tire swing on a nearby tree by the nature trail. I really want to go on it today and swing carelessly. I also want to photograph some of my dolls around the nature paths for some of my American Girl accounts. But I just want to forget about the real world for awhile and swing on that tire-barefoot-thinking of life in Hillrise.
Also, more Hillrise news: I got my new bed!!! (Click to see!!) It only took me 8 months but I DID IT!!!! This is one of the first steps I've done towards re-doing my room. Here's what I've done so far:
  • painted my room sea foam green (used to be baby pink)
  • upgraded my 10 yo mattress for a brand new full mattress (that I put directly on the floor, since my bed is a platform bed)
  • Got rid of my 20 yo desk
  • Added three shelves
Here are the things I still need to do:
I know, expensive. But I really like the PB Teen stuff. Especially the Chelsea collection-very vintage, but at the same time cute and modern. I hope that I can inch my way towards the desk and dresser as well. I may get a cheaper one, though. I just want one that's a corner desk.
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment